Client: Gold Coast Desalination Alliance
Scope of Work:
- Underwater construction activities associated with installation of GCD inlet and outlet structures including:
- Seabed survey, prior to component installation.
- De-watering GRP liner.
- Broco cut 3m diameter steel casing.
- Removal of GRP riser dome and internal pneumatic plug.
- Install structure supporting spider.
- Install and grout spider fender piles.
- Install GRP chlorination pipe manifold and manifold protection ring to intake riser.
- Lower, position and bolt intake and discharge heads to spider.
- Install diffuser pipelines, ballast blocks and anodes.
- Final inspection of installed components by diver and ROV.
Time: May to November 2008
Contract Value: $1.5 million