Client: Rio Tinto Aluminium
Scope of Work:
- Cleaning and inspection, to various levels, of designated piles.
- Structural and non-structural underwater welding repairs to piles.
- Installation of strengthening splints to piles and associated techniques including the use of cementitious and epoxy grouts.
- Upgrading of CP system including replacement of existing anodes and installation of reference cells.
- Use and installation of Denso products to further protect piles.
- Inspection techniques used include visual inspection, CCTV inspection, digital still photographs, ultrasonic thickness (UT) measurement, cathodic potential (CP) measurements, magnetic particle inspection, alternating current field measurement (ACFM) and detailed corrosion mapping of selected pile surfaces using Microset Underwater Replica System.
Time: From August 2009