Based in Townsville, Pacific Marine Group (PMG) is a marine contractor at the forefront of the Maritime Industry in Northern Australia and the Pacific Rim. With approximately 100 employees working in the main divisions of Marine, Diving and Construction, PMG prides itself on its ability to efficiently undertake work in each of these areas as well as complete larger projects integrating all divisions of the business.
About the role
Due to expanding business opportunities, PMG is seeking suitably qualified, motivated and energetic marine professionals with extensive experience working in a marine construction environment, operating tugs and barges.
Responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of our vessels, and providing support to a broad range or projects and work requirements, this presents a unique opportunity for individuals who like diversity and a challenge to join a business focused on moving forward.
About the candidate
The successful candidates will be individuals who value working safely, within a culture focused on achieving a high standard, while meeting the needs of the client and the project.
In addition, the successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Master 4 / Master <35m Near Coastal qualifications;
- A strong understanding & commitment to safety;
- Extensive experience conducting tug & barge work in various construction situations;
- Solid leadership and people management skills, along with an ability to work as part of a team;
- Sound knowledge of maritime & associated legislation;
- Current AMSA Medical;
- Willingness to assist with all aspects of the marine department, including shore based work;
- Pilot exemption certificates in harbours such as Hay Point and Abbott Point, among others, will be will regarded;
- As will Confined space, Construction Industry White Card and crane qualifications.
Applicants must be based in the North Queensland region, or be willing to travel to/from Townsville at their own expense and at short notice.
The successful candidates must have full and current Australian working rights, will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, and may be required to undergo a medical and/or police check.
Position closing date.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their current resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria, and their preference for the permanent or casual positions (or both) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm, Friday 26th May 2017.