Amrun Project River Terminals
Scope of work
- Transport to Weipa 50 000T of rock / pavements / pipes / equipment. This was achieved with 4 x tug and barge sets, running from PMG’s Townsville Marine Facility
- Provision of temporary berthing facilities (spudded barge dock) on site to allow barge unloading to be achieved on a greenfield river bank
- Provision of cyclone moorings
- Driving of 50 steel tubular piles to support the river facilities construction. 750mm diameter to 1050mm diameter, 25 – 40m long, vertical and raking piles
- Complex piling requirements including extremely accurate tolerances, detailed QA requirements, electronic iPiler reporting and energy monitoring throughout each drive, full PDA testing requirements.