Scope of work
- Demolition of the existing timber jetty approach and existing concrete deck units of jetty head.
- Construction of a new earth filled causeway extension with some rock armouring.
- Construction of a new 19m span approach consisting of 4 concrete piles, headstocks and precast deck planks.
- Construction of concrete walkway.
- Repairs to the jetty head include removal of drummy/unsound concrete from the soffit, installation of a cathodic repair system and surface patching to the original profile.
- Widened barge ramp with recast concrete planks.
- Installation of new and refurbishment existing barge ramp berthing steel piles and fenders.
- Replace fixtures to the new jetty approach, including handrails, ladder, guard rails, bollards and fenders piles.
- Supply and install a waiting shelter on the jetty head, including electricity supply.
As a 2nd job, a new pontoon was added to allow better access for ferry passengers, and aluminium wheelchair compliant ramps were installed to access this pontoon. New piles and aluminium jetty access platforms were added to allow this, and we also did some modifications to the existing barge ramp fender piles while we were there. A new jetty shelter was also prefabricated and installed.