Scope of work
Pacific Marine Group have completed an extensive refurbishment of the navigation aid beacons for the Port Hedland Port Authority. PHPA had required refurbishment of the 35 existing channel markers and extending their current serviceable life while providing safe access to the top of the channel markers for maintenance in accordance with Australian Standards.
In order to successfully complete the requirements PMG have, among other, undertaken the following activities:
- Surveyed beacons
- Prepared shop drawings
- Provided engineering solutions
- Procured material
- Fabricated beacon
- Fabricated beacon furniture and osprey platforms
- Blasted and painted steel work
- Galvanized required steel elements
- Loaded most of required items to 230ft long barge
- Delivered items to site
- Replaced old, redundant beacons, with new AS compliant beacons
To perform the works on site PMG used two tugs, several smaller vessels, 230ft long flat top barge equipped with 70t crawler crane and other specialised equipment. Up to 30 crew members on site and a support team in Townsville made it possible.